Account management is sometimes neither well understood nor systematically applied. When done well, it helps advisers better understand and service key clients, but it is also a lever for more stable and profitable client-adviser relationships.
David Maister, a professional services expert, writes: “The best news is that key account management is in everyone’s interests. Clients want it, and it benefits the firm by growing relationships and generating new fees. Done properly, it can provide career-enhancing opportunities for every professional involved. Studies in many industries have proven the economic benefit of creating customer loyalty, and my own work with professional firms over the last 15 years have convinced me that there is a clear link between profitability and success in nurturing key accounts. It’s hard work, but it’s a clear path to economic success.”
So, how about learning to take account management to the next level?
RBS, Meridian West and the Account Managers Network invite fee earners and marketing professionals to share a rarely seen perspective on how both industry experts and client side see account management evolving.
A unique guest panel will share their experiences and tell us how the next level for account management will unfold. Also Ben Kent (Managing Director at Meridian West & industry expert), and Alastair Beddow (Consultant at Meridian West), will discuss how leading firms are advancing to better meet their key client demands.
We will also hear from Neil Parker, RBS Market Strategist.
• Bruce Macmillan – GC at Legal Practice Technologies and formerly Senior Commercial Legal Counsel at VISA – representing the client’s voice
• Eddie Bowman – formerly Global Marketing Director at EY – representing the accountancy sector
• Michael Michaelides – Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development at Allen & Overy – representing the legal sector
• Greg Bott – Head of the Client Development Centre at Addleshaw Goddard – Greg is currently writing a PhD thesis on account management in the legal sector
• Ian Bennison – Marketing Operations Director at TMF Group and formerly BT Global Services – representing professional services and the telco sector
For more information and to book your place, please see our Events page.